TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby

Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby

Seth Breidbart (sethb@panix.com)
Fri, 3 Mar 2006 06:23:35 UTC

In article <telecom25.48.6@telecom-digest.org>, Herb Stein
<herb@herbstein.com> wrote:

> <hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote in message

>> Monty Solomon wrote:

>>> The New York Times

>>> "At that point, I was kind of irritated at myself. I mean, a hotel
>>> lobby is, like, a public place, right? They claim the right to
>>> demand ID just to come in?"

>> No, a hotel lobby is NOT a public place. It is private property and
>> the owner may require such security checks as the owner deems
>> appropriate.

> "NOT a public place" would imply that the no-smoking ban in NY is a crock.

In New York City, quite a few hotel lobbies _are_ public places,
because the hotel got a zoning variance in return for making its lobby
a public place.

Seth

Go to Next message: Stephen Sprunk: "Re: A Question About 'Dial 1' in USA Calling"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "DSL Price War Helps Close Broadband Gap"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page