TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Service Providers Recycling Phone Numbers

Re: Service Providers Recycling Phone Numbers

George Berger (gberger@his.com)
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 00:20:46 -0500

PAT -

Thanks for your response, and for the rationale as to why cell phone
users must pay for incoming calls.

Good Gawd! I had a ham license before WWII (W9ZUK), and I worked over
100 countries -- and I still have the QSL cards for verification. In
CW, I ran a pair of 809s, in push-pull, driven by 6L6s, into a primitive
directional antenna. Receiver? A Halliburton Sky Buddy!

Can you imagine how either Verizon, or the newly-minted AT&T, would act
if they were placed in charge of today's ham radio? I don't even want to
think about it.

George( The Old Fud)

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
-- Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman (attributed)

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Stop AOL's Email Scheme"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Service Providers Recycling Phone Numbers"
May be in reply to: David Lazarus: "Service Providers Recycling Phone Numbers"