TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: N11 Codes

Re: N11 Codes

Mark Crispin (MRC@CAC.Washington.EDU)
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:30:37 -0800

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, excuse me, but if police are
> notified of a crime in progress or one recently committed, yet have
> 'no duty to act on it' except as it happens to suit them to do so,

Not "if". This is a statement of fact, confirmed in the courts.

> then _why_ are we citizens forbidden often times to carry handguns or
> cure criminal situations ourselves?

That is something that you need to ask the Democratic Party,
especially those Democrats running the cities of Washington DC,
Chicago IL, and San Francisco CA, which have distinguished themselves
as banning handguns.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That 'if' you questioned above was the
'wrong {if}'. That particular 'if' modified the sentence about whether
or not crimes are committed (they frequently are) and whether or not
people complain to police (they frequently do); that particular {if}
had nothing to do with the later part of the statement about what
police choose to do or not to do with crime which is reported to them.
Maybe you edited my Editor's Note incorrectly by responding to the
last part of the statement but quoting the first part of the statement?

Regards the 'Democrats who run the City of Chicago' (at least) you are
correct, they all made me very nauseous; the stunts I saw them pull
off made me vomit more than once, I just did not (and still do not)
have the stomach to deal with it. I _never_ intended to live in that
hellhole once I retired and got on my pension anyway; it was a very
unfortunate set of circumstances which caused me to have a brain
aneurysm in 1999 and after a year or so of diddling around with them
have to retire early, but now that I _am_ retired mostly, I would
never want to return to Chicago and live there. I know it probably
makes me come off sounding like a hateful, bitter old man ( and that,
I may be) but the place at one point I was proud to be part of and
enjoyed tremendously, I now simply cannot stand to be around or near.
PAT]

Go to Next message: nospam4me@mytrashmail.com: "Re: N11 Codes"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: N11 Codes"
May be in reply to: Neal McLain: "N11 Codes"