TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Last Laugh! was Re: Western Union Public Telegram Offices

Last Laugh! was Re: Western Union Public Telegram Offices

Henry (henry999@eircom.net)
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 08:32:38 +0200

Patrick Townson <ptownson@telecom-digest.org> wrote:

> The clerks had to turn on/turn off their smiles and tears all day long
> depending on the customer they were with.

Reminds me of the old joke during the fad of 'singing telegrams'.

Delivery messenger rings the bell and the lady of the house answers
the door.

'Telegram for you, ma'm.'

'Oh!' says she. 'A telegram! I've never had a telegram before! You've
got to sing it to me!'

'Well, no ma'm, I can't sing...'

'Oh, please! Sing it to me!'

'Well, all right ... if you insist ... HMMMMMM la la la (dramatically
warming up the voice):

JIM AND THE KIDS ARE DEAD.

Cheers,

Henry

Go to Next message: Associated Press News Wire: "MySpace Investigated For Sexual Assaults on Children"
Go to Previous message: DLR: "Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Western Union Public Telegram Offices"