TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cellphone Sex; Will it Play in Peoria

Re: Cellphone Sex; Will it Play in Peoria

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:45:07 GMT

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:19:31 -0600, Tom Brown wrote:

> But what sells in Austria or Hungary, which she described as Europe's
> "most explicit markets," or even in Ireland, Britain and Sweden, which
> she ranked as Europe's "most conservative" venues, may not play in
> Peoria, Illinois.

I wouldn't be too sure. I grew up in a small town near Peoria. Peoria
had a thriving whorehouse industry, at least through the '60s. When
the long time leading madam died, all the local swells turned out for
her funeral. Peorians may not be much for stage plays, but perhaps it
is just because they prefer their entertainments a bit more chthonic.

Go to Next message: Ken Abrams: "Re: Cell Phone For "Mature" Folks"
Go to Previous message: jtaylor: "Re: Maryland Court Gets Tough on Spam"
May be in reply to: Tom Brown: "Cellphone Sex; Will it Play in Peoria"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page