TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: AT&T Billing Us For MDNS Account Closed Three Years Ago

Re: AT&T Billing Us For MDNS Account Closed Three Years Ago

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:17:04 UTC

In <telecom25.24.4@telecom-digest.org> Bill Mayhew <wtmayhew@gmail.com
(removethis)> writes:

> Dear telecom readers,

> I am looking for assistance in dealing with AT&T over an MDNS (Managed
> Data Network Services) account that our company closed in
> approximately September 2002.

[ rest of all too typical story snipped ]

Stop wasting your time trying to reach them.

Send off two notes: One to your State's Public Service Commission, and
one to your State's Attorney General.

Make it short and sweet.

Depending on which state you're in, the reaction will range from them
simply attaching (the equivalent of) a Post It note and forwarding it
over to AT&T/SBC, and forgetting about any further action, up
to .... some extreme nastiness.

Even if it's just the former, though, it _will_ get the attention of
someone useful at AT&T/SBC.

Oh, for good measure, you can also send a similar letter to the FCC
and the FTC.

(There is _plenty_ of ugly history regarding improper billing by
telcos, and the AGs - at least in the states that care ... - are well
aware of it).

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: tanstafl: "Re: In With the New E-Mail, Out With the Old"
Go to Previous message: pattyjamas@hotmail.com: "Re: Caller ID on Home Phones Using Vonage Originating From Cell Phones"
May be in reply to: Bill Mayhew: "AT&T Billing Us For MDNS Account Closed Three Years Ago"