TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How to Dial US Toll Free from Toronto

Re: How to Dial US Toll Free from Toronto

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
14 Jan 2006 05:03:44 -0000

> Can someone tell me how to dial 800 and 888 numbers in the US from
> Toronto?

Basically, if they don't want calls from Canada, you're out of luck.

When you sign up for an 800 number in the US, one of the options is
calls from Canada. Some take it, some don't. I turned off Canada
calls on my main 800 number because I was getting a lot of expensive
wrong numbers due to my number having been handed out to half the
insurance agents in Toronto as the claims department of a large
insurer.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: Public Wants Court to Okay Wiretaps"
Go to Previous message: Mark Crispin: "Re: How to Dial US Toll Free from Toronto"
May be in reply to: gladman911@gmail.com: "How to Dial US Toll Free from Toronto"