TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is GNU Radio Open to Public Now?

Re: Is GNU Radio Open to Public Now?

Bob Vaughan (
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:05:58 UTC

In article <>,
<> wrote:

> In article <>, <>
> wrote:

>> Hi all,

>> I found a software defined radio project named "GNU radio".

>> But it seems the main site cannot be
>> accessed?

>> And the document and source code cannot be downloaded.

>> Why? Is GNU radio open to public now?

> It's there. The site is just REALLY slow. It took upwards
> of a minute or more to respond to my browser request.

> The source files are all available via CVS from the site. It
> looks like nothing has been done with the project for several years.

You're not looking in the right places. I see CVS activity within the
last couple of weeks.

On the site, there is an announcement of a new release (2.6)
as of december 9th 2005, following previous releases on 3/30/05,
2/2/05, 11/4/04, and 10/11/04.

-- Welcome My Son, Welcome To The Machine
-- Bob Vaughan | techie @ | | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford,
-- Ca 94309 | -- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me,
What could be simpler? --

Go to Next message: no email: "Criminal Charges Filed Against Telus"
Go to Previous message: AES: "Re: History of Hayes Modem"
May be in reply to: "Is GNU Radio Open to Public Now?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page