TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: No Demarc Point

No Demarc Point

J Kelly (jkelly@newsguy.com)
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 16:51:34 -0600

Is the telco required to have a network interface box at the point of
demarcartion? My house has nothing, the line comes direct into the
basement. It isn't even grounded and has no lightning protector.
Qwest refuses to do anything about it unless I pay for a NIB to be
installed. What about grounding? Shouldn't they be required to
ground the line in accordance with NEC?

I thought about grounding one side of the line and calling in a repair
order for hum on the line, when they come to check it at the NIB they
would have to install one.

Go to Next message: Monty Solomon: "Online Holiday Shoppers Spent a Total of $30.1 Billion"
Go to Previous message: Associated Press News Wire: "China Shuts 598 Web Sites Due to Porn and Spam"
May be reply: Tom Schmidt: "Re: No Demarc Point"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page