TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: What Carriers Does Vonage Use to Terminate Calls?

Re: What Carriers Does Vonage Use to Terminate Calls?

Tony P. (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:29:36 -0500

In article <telecom24.584.6@telecom-digest.org>, advertising@adtomi.com
says:

> I'm just currious what companies Vonage users to terminate calls across
> the country since they do not have their own true infrastructure. Any
> ideas?

> Gabriel

Mostly Paetec and Focal CLEC switches in various regions. Probably why
they can't do proper LNP in some cases since neither Paetec or Focal
have a switch in those regions.

Luckily we've got a pretty much idle Paetec #5ESS here in Providence
that handles things quite nicely.

Vonage simply uses IP packets instead of copper pairs to haul calls to
underutilized capacity on CLEC switches. Really elegant when you come
right down to it. They completely bypassed the local regulatory
environments.

Go to Next message: Anick Jesdanun: "NSA Puts Cookies on Your Computer"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones?"
May be in reply to: advertising@adtomi.com: "What Carriers Does Vonage Use to Terminate Calls?"