TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Reliable, Easy, and Cost Effective Way to Record Calls?

Reliable, Easy, and Cost Effective Way to Record Calls?

Phil Earnhardt (pae@dim.com)
28 Dec 2005 10:36:56 -0800

I'm going to be doing interviews over the phone; I'd like to be able
to easily and reliably record the calls.

Radio Shack SKU #17-855 connects between the headphone jack of a
cordless (or cellular) telephone and a headset. There is a 1/8 inch
autio out plug. However, I suspect that such devices may not be
tremendously reliable -- lots of connectors, batteries, etc.

Are there any cell phones that allow conversations to be streemed
directly to an SD card?

How about a BT phone that can stream the conversation to a computer?

Are there services that provide a number I can conference in that will
record the call and then allow me to pull a recording of the call off
of a website for $5-10/hour?

Any other alternatives -- any corded phones with built-in recording
capability for less than $200?

TIA.

--phil

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Are you sure your real name isn't Condi
Rice, and 'Phil Earnhardt' isn't an alias you use for spying on the net?
PAT]

Go to Next message: USTelecom dailyLead: "Covad, Verizon Settle Their Differences"
Go to Previous message: Jeremy Pelofsky: "Move to New Airwaves to Cost $936 Million"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Reliable, Easy, and Cost Effective Way to Record Calls?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page