TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Physically Protecting The Local Loop Network?

Re: Physically Protecting The Local Loop Network?

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:50:10 GMT

Steven Lichter wrote:

> Many years ago I had an old magneto phone on my line (before
> deregulation) my daughter at the time was about 1 1/2 years old and
> cranked it, to say the least it caused problems, first the fuses on my
> both sides of my line were blown, and it must have taken the protector
> on the frame out, PacTel was out within an hour and they were not
> happy with me, I pointed out it had been a phone that was made by for
> for The Western Electric Co., that did not seem to impress them, I was
> told not to put it on the line again; I did, but disables the magneto.

> The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
> (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Probably what you should have said to
> the repair service people (after pointing out the Western Electric/Bell
> stickers on the phone) "I have been trying to get a new phone for
> X years, you people would never come to do it." PAT]

It was a metal plate. I have a friend that lives in the Topanga
Canyon (old Topanga Canyon) area of LA County and he has an old Candle
Stick that was installed there in the 20's when his grandfather lived
there. He used it for years. Never updated his lines until about a
year ago when he opted for DSL, the installer with Verizon just looked
at the phone and the box and shook his head. He had to call a
supervisor to see it. The phone is still in place and still works.

I had a space saver type of phone (the old black ones with the dial on
top) installed in a room in my parent's garage and the installer that
installed it worked on the phone the better part of a day, could not
get it to work, and had other installers coming by to look at it, he
came back the next day and got it to work, it needed a special bell
box to work. When I ordered the phone the rep had no idea what it
even was, this was in Pacific Telephone area. When I moved out they
never came and got it, they just left it there. I came and got it one
day and it lives with my other old phone in my den.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Saudi Telecom Stops Text Vote for Arab Talent Show"
Go to Previous message: Anthony Bellanga: "Answer Supervision (was: Unanswered Cellphones)"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page