TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones?

Re: Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones?

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
26 Dec 2005 03:20:57 -0000

> When you reach that recording, is that call chargeable?

Of course not.

> I called a few times using my Calling Card but couldn't reach him
> and I was billed for the calls.

I suspect your calling card was charging you for any call over N
seconds rather than checking for supervision. I make test calls from
my landline to my cell numbers in Luxembourg and Switzerland from time
to time, hanging up once my phone starts ringing, and I don't ever
recall being charged unless I answered.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones?"
Go to Previous message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Re: NY Times News Feed"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones?"