TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Letter From Russia

Letter From Russia

Valentin (valent@mailrus.ru)
16 Dec 2005 18:08:08 +0300

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I thought about this message for quite
a while, and although it would probably qualify as spam (by virtue of
how many copies were distributed, I personally do not think it is a
scam. If anyone feels inclined to help this fellow, please do so. PAT]

Dear Friends,

Please excuse me for any inconvice caused by this message.

My name is Valentin. I am student and I live with my mother in small
city Kaluga, in Russia. My mother is invalid. She cannot see and she
receive pension from the government very rare which is not enough even
for medications.

I work very hard every day to be able to buy the necessities and
medications for my mother, but my salary is very small, because my
studies still not finished.

Due to the deep crisis, authorities stoped gas in our district and we
cannot heat our home anymore. I do not know what to do, because the
weather is very cold here already and I'm very afraid that if the
temperature will be lower than 0 degree in our sleeping room, we will
not be able to survive.

I applied to local Red Cross and they explained me that many people
ask them for help every day and they cannot help to each family. They
adviced me to search help from individuals.

Thanks to free public Internet access in our public library, I was
able to find several addresses, including yours and I decided to
appeal to you with a prayer in my heart for a small help. If you have
any old used sleeping bag, warm blanket, warm clothes in size L or XL,
portable heater, canned food, vitamins, water boiler, medicines
against cold weather, any hygiene products, I will be very grateful
you if you could send it to our home address:

Valentin Mikhailin,
Rileewa Ulica 6-45,
Kaluga 248030
Russia.

If you think that it would be better or easier for you to help with
some money, please writes me back to me and I will provide you with
details how to send it safely, if you agree. This way to help is very
good, because in this case I will be able to buy a portable stove and
heat our home during the winter.

I hope to hear from you very soon and I pray that you can help us. I
also hope very much that this hard situation will become better in our
country very soon.

From all my heart I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
2006. Please excuse me, once more, for any inconvience I could cause
you with this message.

Valentin,
Kaluga. Russia.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: As I said, I do not think this is a
scam, but each person has to decide that on his own. My suggestion
would be to send him an international reply coupon (or maybe just
a dollar American money) and ask him to buy a postage stamp to use
for replying back to you. If he chooses to not so so, then the scam
is apparent. PAT]

Go to Next message: Associated Press News Wire: "Christmas Miracle: Turtle Get Braces"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: FTC Do Not Call List"
May be reply: Seth Breidbart: "Re: Letter From Russia"
May be reply: Seth Breidbart: "Re: Letter From Russia"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page