TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Wikpedia Becomes Internet Force, But Faces Crisis

Re: Wikpedia Becomes Internet Force, But Faces Crisis

Thor Lancelot Simon (tls@panix.com)
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:30:26 UTC

In article <telecom24.565.7@telecom-digest.org>, Dave Garland
<dave.garland@wizinfo.com> wrote:

> The exercise revealed numerous errors in both encyclopaedias, but
> among 42 entries tested, the difference in accuracy was not
> particularly great: the average science entry in Wikipedia contained
> around four inaccuracies; Britannica, about three ...

I'm astonished that a 25% difference is considered "not particularly
great".

Thor Lancelot Simon tls@rek.tjls.com

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is
to be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem." - Noam Chomsky

Go to Next message: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Cell Phone to Land Line"
Go to Previous message: Neal McLain: "Re: Wikpedia (sic) Becomes Internet Force, But Faces Crisis"
May be in reply to: Agence France Press : "Wikpedia Becomes Internet Force, But Faces Crisis"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page