TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Wikipedia Becomes Internet Force, But Faces Crisis

Re: Wikipedia Becomes Internet Force, But Faces Crisis

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
15 Dec 2005 11:11:28 -0500

Agence France Press <AFP Newswire@telecom-digest.org> wrote:

> Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia that is the product of collaboration
> of its users, has become a major force on the Internet, but faces a
> crisis after a false biography raised questions about its credibility.

I had no idea that Wikipedia had any credibility to question. Do
people really take these things seriously? --scott

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Wikipedia _is_ considered an important
source of information on the net in many circles. There are many
experts (in their field) who have written for it and peer-review the
things others have written, however the two recent 'pranks' played on
them have damaged their credibility somewhat. PAT]

Go to Next message: Ben Feller: "11 Million American Adults Are Illiterate"
Go to Previous message: AES: "Re: Bell System Service Standard 'Green Books'- What is Used Now?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page