TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: HSI and Diverted 1-800-CALL-ATT?

HSI and Diverted 1-800-CALL-ATT?

Carl Moore (cmoore@ARL.ARMY.MIL)
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:16:57 EST

From memory, I saw "HSI" on a pay phone outside a convenience store
last Sunday (it was at a Turkey Hill store on Lampter Road north of
-- NOT LOCATED RIGHT AT -- Pennsylvania route 741). I apparently
punched in 1-800-2255-288 (1-800-CALL-ATT) okay, but got sent to
a collect-call menu of some sort. This is conjuring up some memory
of "I HATE COCOTS" in this digest many years ago. Has this ever
happened before where a telephone number was "intercepted" in this
manner? Fortunately, there was nothing urgent about my attempted
call; more of an effort to get that telephone's number onto my bill
(failed!).

Go to Next message: Steven Lichter: "Re: FTC Do Not Call List"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "AT&T Rolls Out Speedier Broadband Service"
May be reply: John McHarry: "Re: HSI and Diverted 1-800-CALL-ATT?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page