TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Who Owns the Music?

Re: Who Owns the Music?

DevilsPGD (spam_narf_spam@crazyhat.net)
Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:27:53 -0700

In message <telecom24.546.7@telecom-digest.org> Steven Lichter
<shlichter@diespammers.com> wrote:

> Common sense should tell you that if you sell/give away the CD you
> should delete any copies you have of it. That is the same rule for
> computer software, you have the right to make a copy but once you no
> longer own the original, you have to delete any copies you have for
> backup.

Common sense may tell you that, but in my jurisdiction you'd be very
wrong.

Of course, common sense would tell you that when I burn my own singing
to a CDR, I shouldn't have to pay the music industry.

Since I do one, I do the other without any moral or ethical objection.

Before posting legal advice please take the time to investigate where
the person asking the question is located since their jurisdiction may
have vastly different rules then yours.

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "The Globe's Future in WiFi"
May be in reply to: Michael Quinn Michael: "Who Owns the Music?"