TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: T-Mobile, was: Verizon, GTE, etc, etc

Re: T-Mobile, was: Verizon, GTE, etc, etc

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Sat, 03 Dec 2005 10:05:35 -0800

Danny Burstein wrote:

> Net result (name wise)
> East Coast: Omnipoint -> Voicestream -> T-Mobile
> West Coast: Western Wireless -> Voicestream -> T-Mobile
> (minor disclosure: user and also shareholder in T-Mobile)

WW was originally GSM? I thought WW switched from TDMA to CDMA before being
bought by Alltel.

Western Wireless also bought the CellularONE brand from SBC after SBC
merged its cellular operations with BellSOUTH, and some CellularONE
affiliates went TDMA >> GSM. Western Wireless C1 did not migrate to
GSM. Some others did (Dobson C1, for example).

What you're talking about must have happened before everything I just
described.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

Go to Next message: Jim Burks: "Re: When is TDMA Being Phased Out?"
Go to Previous message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Who Owns the Music?"
May be in reply to: Bob Goudreau: "T-Mobile, was: Verizon, GTE, etc, etc"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page