TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Lingo Phone Can't Port Number

Re: Lingo Phone Can't Port Number

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
21 Nov 2005 03:56:15 -0000

> The neighbor is directly across the street and also has a number that
> was a Sprint number before Vonage ported it. Others in my immediate
> neighborhood have been ported from Sprint (a.k.a. Carolina Telephone)
>to Time Warner's voip service.

The problem is that Lingo uses Level3 which has numbers in a lot of
nearby rate centers, but not his. Vonage uses another CLEC, probably
Telcove, which has a different set of rate centers.

R's,

John

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "Online Crooks Concentrate on Media Players and Software"
Go to Previous message: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: Mtn. View Accepts Google's Offer of Free WiFi"
May be in reply to: Rik: "Lingo Phone Can't Port Number"