TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Moving to VOIP But Keeping Same Phone Number

Re: Moving to VOIP But Keeping Same Phone Number

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
14 Nov 2005 00:02:11 -0000

> it took more than four months for Vonage to transfer his phone
> number of 13 years from his previous VoIP provider, Time Warner.

Well, that's Vonage for you, billions for advertising, pennies for
customer "service".

I am pleased to report, though, that when I ditched Vonage in favor of
Lingo, it only took a few days to transfer my number over. As far as
I can tell, Vonage still hasn't figured out that it's been ported, so
Vonage users still can't call it since they route calls to my long ago
returned terminal adapter. But everyone else can.

Go to Next message: J Kelly: "Re: Infone to Shut Down"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Re: Sony BMG "Service Pack 2a""
May be in reply to: PC World Communications RSS Feed: "Moving to VOIP But Keeping Same Phone Number"