TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: NN0 Central Office Codes

Re: NN0 Central Office Codes

jsw@ivgate.omahug.org
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:06:00 CST

> AT&T's publication "Notes on Distance Dialing" (1975) [1] includes a
> list of 63 NN0 codes that could be assigned either as area codes or as
> central office codes. This list, identified as "Chart 5," includes all

Hmmmmm ... I distinctly remember 212-440 (Manhattan), in the first
part of that list and 212-680 (Brooklyn, then in AC 212) which is
toward the end of the list as both being in service in the early
1970s. If that list was around in those days they didn't appear to be
following the order. ;-)

Go to Next message: Garrett Wollman: "Re: NN0 Central Office Codes"
Go to Previous message: zeez: "Re: Internet Phone Customers May Get Cut Off"
May be in reply to: Neal McLain: "NN0 Central Office Codes"