TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Recorded Call From Law Office?

Re: Recorded Call From Law Office?

Dave Garland (dave.garland@wizinfo.com)
Wed, 02 Nov 2005 13:22:55 -0600

It was a dark and stormy night when Carl Moore <cmoore@ARL.ARMY.MIL>
wrote:

> My unlisted telephone received a call this morning which stated it was
> from "Bennett ..." law office and gave me toll-free number 1-888-571
> (or 575 in lieu of 571) and a case number. I did not write the
> numbers down, and they were not repeated. Did anyone else get a call
> like this?

You mean, the toll-free number was incomplete (no final 4 digits)?
That's an odd one, since you couldn't call them back if you wanted.
Probably whoever programmed the call messed up.

Otherwise, sounds like a bill collector call. If it's not you they're
after, they've got a wrong number listed for the desired victim. I've
gotten calls like that.

Go to Next message: Tim@Backhome.org: "Re: Remote Call Forwarding"
Go to Previous message: William Warren: "Re: Recorded Call From Law Office?"
May be in reply to: Carl Moore: "Recorded Call From Law Office?"