TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cellular-News for Friday 21st October 2005

Re: Cellular-News for Friday 21st October 2005

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:22:39 -0700

Be aware that cellular-news.com now charges 50 pounds which at current
conversion rates is $88.40 today.

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 07:43:22 -0500, Cellular-News
<dailydigest@cellular-news-mail.com> wrote:

> Cellular-News - http://www.cellular-news.com

> The Ultra Low Cost Cellular Market: Ignore it at Your Peril
> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14501.php

> While 80% of the world's population lives within range of a cellular
> network, only 25% of it subscribes to a mobile phone service. This
> means there are upwards of three billion potential customers for
> cellular. That, says Alan Varghese, ABI Research'...

> China Mobile Phone Market Expected to Exceed 400 Million Users by Year End 2005
> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14500.php

> T-Bay Holdings says that according to recent reports, the market for
> mobile phone users in mainland China is expected to exceed 400 million
> by the end of 2005. As announced on September 9, 2005, T-Bay Holdings,
> Inc. acquired a 95% stake in Shanghai S...

> Worldwide Mobile Phone Market Breaks 200 Million Unit Mark in 3Q05
> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14499.php

> New product introductions, portfolio refreshes, and exciting new form
> factors helped spur growth in the worldwide mobile phone market during
> the third quarter of 2005. According to IDC's Worldwide Quarterly
> Mobile Phone Tracker, worldwide mobile phon...

> Mobile Pictures Driving New Consumer Push for Convergence
> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14498.php

> Convergence is finding traction in mobile phones, with one-fourth of
> all USA Internet households willing to use a high-resolution camera
> phone as their primary camera, according to the forthcoming report
> "Mobile Market Intelligence" from Parks Associ...

> FOCUS: Russia's MTS offers new tariffs, to abandon Jeans soon
> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14497.php

> Russia's largest mobile operator Mobile TeleSystems, or MTS, announced
> Wednesday that starting Friday it would offer a new line of
> tariffs. MTS decided to abandon the prepaid tariffs under the Jeans
> brand and focus on the development of the single ...

> Tele.ring Confirms CEO Approached For E-Plus Job
> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14496.php

> Michael Krammer, the chief executive of Austrian telecommunications
> company Tele.ring, has received job offers from several companies
> including E-Plus, a Tele.ring spokesman said Thursday. ...

> German Prosecutors Contest Acquittals In Mannesmann Case
> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14495.php

> KARLSRUHE, Germany (AP)--Prosecutors Thursday contested the acquittal
> of Germany's most prominent banker and five others over large payments
> to executives during the 2000 takeover of Mannesmann by Vodafone Group
> PLC (VOD). ...

> Motorola Sues New CEO At Nortel
> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14494.php

> Motorola Inc. has sued to block former Chief Financial Officer Mike
> Zafirovski from taking the top job at rival Nortel Networks Corp. ...

> Nokia Battles Branding Issues In Music-phone Revolution
> http://www.cellular-news.com/story/14493.php

> [Premium] Nokia is determined to be part of the music-phone
> [...]

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Isn't that charge you quoted above only
to read the items marked 'premium' in their daily stories? I think the
vast majority of their stuff is still free, is it not? PAT]