TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Giant Conspiracy or Just Rotten Luck?

Re: Giant Conspiracy or Just Rotten Luck?

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
19 Oct 2005 13:19:04 -0700

William Warren wrote:

> I suggest you take these steps, and ignore any demand that you deal
> with only one person and/or agency:

[snipped]

I know it's a lot of work, but Mr. Warren's advice is excellent.

Another poster wrote:

> I wonder if there's a forgotten bridge tap off your pair somewhere.

Many years ago this happened to us, except it was our calls being
billed to someone else. (We reported it to cover our butts). A few
months later they discovered the error. The billed party, a business
customer, had been screaming about the calls, but the phone co at
first refused to do anything since they claimed it could've been any
employee. Finally they did a physical check in the CO and found the
wiring error.

In thinking about it, I wonder if the business customer got billed for
our message units as well. We had message rate service though we were
pretty careful to stay within the monthly allotment. (Flash forward
to today -- we went to flat rate service, then Metropolitan Area flat
rate, and now have national unlimited.)

Go to Next message: Henry Cabot Henhouse III: "Re: The Heights Some People go to Avoid Telcos and Cable"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: TV Show - Legacy Phone in Scene"
May be in reply to: Gordon S. Hlavenka: "Giant Conspiracy or Just Rotten Luck?"