TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Finally Cutting the POTS Cord

Re: Finally Cutting the POTS Cord

Brian E Williams (sorry_no_email@yahoo.com)
10 Oct 2005 07:33:05 -0700

I do appreciate you taking the time to set me straight. I promise that
is the last time I ever top post or quote an entire post. Cross my
heart.

Joseph wrote:

> On 8 Oct 2005 05:56:38 -0700, BrianEWilliams
> <sorry_no_email@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Sorry for the top post, but I just want to thank both of you for your
>> very helpful response. I will report back my results when my POTS ends
>> Oct 22. BTW, this is a single family home, and my neighbor's home has
>> the standard RJ-11 plugs whereas mine has this funky setup.

>> John McHarry wrote:

> No, I will not accept an apology. You should well know that it's
> *never* necessary to requote an entire original article especially a
> long one. You quote a few lines to jog your reader's memory. You do
> *not* barf back an entire original article at your audience. Whoever
> taught you that bad behavior didn't know much about on line
> communication. Whether top post or bottom post over quotation is
> never good under any circumstance.

Go to Next message: Eric Auchard : "Yahoo Expands News Searches to Include Blogs"
Go to Previous message: John McHarry: "Re: United States Says No! Internet is Ours!"
May be in reply to: Brian E Williams: "Finally Cutting the POTS Cord"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page