TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Flash Drives Make any Computer Personal

Re: Flash Drives Make any Computer Personal

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Sun, 09 Oct 2005 16:25:27 -0700

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 19:27:32 -0700,Telecom Digest Editor wrote:

> I had to run a driver disk with the Win 2000 also on the 'flash
> device' and also on the Win 98 as well. They sure do want people to
> buy newer computers, don't they? PAT]

Let's have a little reality check here. Windows 95 which you used on
one of your systems. That's *10* years ago! Windows 2000. That's
*5* years ago. Time marches on. That's part of the reason Mac OSX
works as well as it does. They don't *have* to have absolute
compatibility with OS's that are many years old and have become
obsolete. You get new software for your new and improved OS. Yes it
costs money to do, but if you want to have your functionality you do
have to upgrade. That's just the way of the world. Sometimes
upgrading to a new OS is just something that you put off. I have put
off upgrading to XP pro only because when I do put it on this machine
I'm going to wipe the drive and start fresh rather than cobble my
machine with old and new stuff. It's a question of saving what I need
to save and then just taking the time to do it.

Go to Next message: Henry Cabot Henhouse III: "Re: Vonage and the 500 Minute Plan"
Go to Previous message: John McHarry: "Re: United States Says No! Internet is Ours!"
May be in reply to: Brian Bergstein: "Flash Drives Make any Computer Personal"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page