TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?

Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?

Carl Navarro (cnavarro@wcnet.org)
Sun, 09 Oct 2005 11:26:39 GMT

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:01:34 -0700, anon1@sci.sci wrote:

> I'm looking for a device that connects between my telephone line
> and the serial (RS232) port on my computer, capturing caller-ID on
> incoming phone calls and using that information to determine whether
> to ring my phone immediately or put up various touch-tone menus
> the caller must traverse.

> What is the correct jargon for such a device? (So that I might do a
> Google search and find the info I seek.)

Try www.callerid.com and check out the Whozz Calling box. You can
check out the downloads and the software partners for software and
manuals that describe and control the blocking feature of the box.

Carl Navarro

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: Flash Drives Make any Computer Personal"
Go to Previous message: Gordon Burditt: "Re: Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"
May be in reply to: anon1@sci.sci: "Device That Interfaces Between Phone/CallerID and Serial Port?"