TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Electric Powerlines to be Used For Broadband

Re: Electric Powerlines to be Used For Broadband

David Clayton (dcstar@myrealbox.com)
Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:10:41 +1000

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 18:17:07 -0400, John Stahl wrote:

> Previously published:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: A couple things I do not understand about
>> voice communication over electrical power lines: Some say it will not
>> work; others say it is okay. <clip>

> Don't be surprised to see many more of the BPL testing power companies to
> similarly end their testing and plans for deployment.

2005-Sep-13 "The world's first large-scale trial of Broadband over
Powerline (BPL) technology began in Tasmania today":

http://whirlpool.net.au/article.cfm/1541

Regards,

David Clayton, e-mail: dcstar@XYZ.myrealbox.com
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
(Remove the "XYZ." to reply)

Knowledge is a measure of how many answers you have,
intelligence is a measure of how many questions you have.

Go to Next message: Joseph: "Re: Electric Powerlines to be Used For Broadband"
Go to Previous message: Daniel AJ Sokolov: "Re: Electric Powerlines to be Used For Broadband"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Electric Powerlines to be Used For Broadband"