TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: 10 Out of 10 For Idea; 1000 for Implementation

10 Out of 10 For Idea; 1000 for Implementation

Chris Farrar (cfarrar@sympatico.ca)
Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:28:12 -0400

I was driving down I-95 today from Philly to Baltimore, and for most
of the time my GSM phone (which is on Fido/Rogers out of Canada) was
showing that it was on AT&T Wireless as the carrier. As I came past
the airport, it switched over to showing T-Mobile as the carrier. A
few seconds later I received a text message from T-Mobile (subject is
"905") welcoming me to the USA and telling me to dial home use 011- or
"+" and the number.

Its nice to see that T-Mobile is looking for non-US phones and letting
you know what to do to "call home", but it isn't set to deal with
region 1 phones, as to call back to Toronto from Philly on T-Mobile,
you definitely wouldn't dial 011 to start the call.

Perhaps someone from T-Mobile will see this and tweak their system so
it doesn't send this to Canadian phones when roaming in the USA.

Chris

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Why is VOIP Getting Hot Now?"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Who Will Control Mobile Entertainment?"
May be reply: obsidian: "Re: 10 Out of 10 For Idea; 1000 for Implementation"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page