TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Record Labels Sue Baidu for Copyright Infringement

Re: Record Labels Sue Baidu for Copyright Infringement

Robert Bonomi (bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com)
Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:26:21 -0000

Tony P. <kd1s@nospamplease.cox.reallynospam.net> wrote:

> In article <telecom24.426.3@telecom-digest.org>, reuters@telecom-
> digest.org says:

>> The four largest record companies have sued Baidu.com Inc. for
>> copyright infringement, alleging the Chinese Internet search engine
>> has been illegally providing links to free digital music downloads,
>> according to a trade group the represents the music industry.

> I wonder what part of the fact that U.S. law doesn't apply in China
> thee folks aren't getting.

I wonder what part of the fact that the companies involved filed in
*CHINESE* courts, for violations of _Chinese_ law on copyrights --
note that China is a "Berne Convention" signatory -- that the
responding poster isn't getting.

<grin>

Note: under "Berne Convention" accords 'foreign' works _are_
protected, without need for any explicit filing in each country where
they may crop up.

Go to Next message: Brett Martel: "Rescuers Find More Survivors, More Damage"
Go to Previous message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: BellSouth/AT&T New Orleans "Main" at Baronne & Poydras"
May be in reply to: Reuters News Wire: "Record Labels Sue Baidu for Copyright Infringement"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page