TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Motorola Bag phone

Re: Motorola Bag phone

Steven Lichter (shlichter@diespammers.com)
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 01:06:01 GMT

Steven Lichter wrote:

> I have one of these. Don't use it at all; it is not digital.

> Pretty good condition, no battery with it, just pugs in to lighter in a
> car. It was on BellSouth Mobility, but with you try to use it it says
> it is not registered with Verizon.

> If someone wants to pay me to pack it up and ship it to them, let me
> know, I can send pictures if you like.

> The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
> (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I certainly have the required power
> supply even though I do not have a car/cigarette lighter. I wonder
> how it would work on Cingular Wireless here in Kansas? PAT]

If Cingular has an Analog system it would work just fine, what are the
chances of that? I know when BLS; BellSouth took over some of GTE
MobleNets Washington systems; they were located in Verizon offices,
they still had the old Motorola Analog switch as well as the Digital
one, but they had planned to move out of the building and have a new
GSM switch.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today?
(c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Cingular has some Analog stuff still in
service, but it is getting scarce. They claim they will continue to
service it through the end of next year, at least. But they also say
that no _new_ analog service will be allowed in area 620 (southeast
Kansas). Any new analog service (in the remaining time for same) will
have to work out of Wichita (area 316), which is okay I guess. My
exisiting Cingular prepaid service (an old AT&T Nokia 5165 phone) goes
out of Wichita also, although my prepaid 'regular' Cingular Wireless
service is a 620 number locally out of Independence. PAT]

Go to Next message: Bob Vaughan: "Re: Motorola Bag phone"
Go to Previous message: USTelecom dailyLead: "P2P Companies Try to Go Legit"
May be in reply to: Steven Lichter: "Motorola Bag phone"