TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Back to the Future in 845-268 Land

Re: Back to the Future in 845-268 Land

Isaiah Beard (sacredpoet@sacredpoet.com)
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:59:46 -0400

John Levine wrote:

>> I tried it a few more times and at one point even came up with a
>> 1960's style ring tone with no answer. Is it possible the old gear is
>> still in the little brick telco building by Rockland Lake and taking
>> overload calls ?

>> 845-268-xxxx.

> Rather unlikely. The switch is a nice modern DMS-100 with vastly more
> capacity than whatever electromechanical thing it replaced. I can
> think of a variety of possible explanations, none terribly plausible.

Just tried a few numbers as well. I was getting some modern style rings.

What COULD have happened is that perhaps one or more of those numbers
is connecting to an antiquated PBX with old fashioned tones.

E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.

Go to Next message: Bob Sullivan: "Florida Cops, Others Misused Our Data, Choicepoint Claims"
Go to Previous message: Paul Coxwell: "Re: Back to the Future in 845-268 Land"
May be in reply to: Steve Stone: "Back to the Future in 845-268 Land"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page