TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: PECO and PSE&G Power Companies Merger

Re: PECO and PSE&G Power Companies Merger

Paul A Lee (palee@riteaid.com)
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:35:07 -0400

In TELECOM Digest V24 #419, our Editor wrote (in part):

> I never heard of the New Jersey version) in the instance of
> Bryn Mawr, there is no such suburb in the Chicago area. There
> _is_ a Bryn Mawr Avenue in Chicago (and continuing in a near
> northwest suburb) and there is a CTA train stop known as
> 'Bryn Mawr' (logically, on the street by the same
> name) and there is, oddly enough, a 'Bryn Mawr' station on
> the Illinois Central suburban line on the southeast side of
> Chicago; but no Bryn Mawr as a town or neighborhood around
> Chicago.

"Bryn mawr" is Welsh for "big hill", so I'd imagine you might find a
"Bryn Mawr" 'most anywhere Welsh settlers encountered a big hill --
although big hills seem to me less likely to be found in the
Chicagoland area than in Pennsylvania or New Jersey ...

Paul A Lee Sr Telecom Engineer <palee@riteaid.com>
Rite Aid Corporation HL-IS-COM (Telecomm) V: +1 717 730-8355
30 Hunter Lane, Camp Hill, PA 17011-2410 F: +1 717 975-3789
P.O. Box 3165, Harrisburg, PA 17105-3165 C: +1 717 805-6208

Go to Next message: Matt Simpson: "Re: BellSouth/AT&T New Orleans "Main" at Baronne & Poydras Streets"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: PECO and PSE&G Power Companies Merger"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "PECO and PSE&G Power Companies Merger"