TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy

Re: Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy

Wesrock@aol.com
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 19:46:02 EDT

In a message dated Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:31:15 -0700, Al Gillis
<alg@aracnet.com> writes:

> Anyway, Ed Norton (Art) came to the Cramden apartment that evening and
> asked to use the telephone. Jackie told his pal, "Sure -- go ahead.
> But remember this costs me money for every call". (Jackie had
> obviously ordered a measured line).

Has anything but measured service every been available in New York,
where the Honeymooners was set?

This meant some bits of business and some rules of etiquette were
completely lost on people in most of the country, where flat rate
service was always offered and was used by the great majority of
customers.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com

Go to Next message: EventHelix.com: "Re: iPod Phone Isn't Perfect, but It's a Start"
Go to Previous message: Charles Cryderman: "Re: Laptops Tune On, Tune In to Seattle Metro's Transit"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Sid Ceasar and Phones in Comedy"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page