TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Broadband Competition Must Surely be Working

Re: Broadband Competition Must Surely be Working

jmeissen@aracnet.com
22 Aug 2005 20:45:39 GMT

In article <telecom24.373.5@telecom-digest.org>, Gene S. Berkowitz
<first.last@comcast.net> wrote:

> Verizon also REQUIRES that you use THEIR router after the fiber modem.

So now we're back to the scenario where you can only attach phone
company equipment to their lines. Didn't we already fight this battle,
about 30 years ago?

John Meissen jmeissen@aracnet.com

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But in those days (1960's) the telco
was a _regulated entity_ and it still is. But for newer things like
ISP and Internet service, those features are mostly _unregulated_
and telco is permitted to do as they please or require whatever they
want on their _unregulated_ stuff. PAT]

Go to Next message: DevilsPGD: "Re: An Exciting Weekend With a Sneak Thief"
Go to Previous message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Local Exchange Not Local in Sylva, NC"
May be in reply to: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Broadband Competition Must Surely be Working"