TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Classic Six-Button Keysets - Cost During 1970s?

Re: Classic Six-Button Keysets - Cost During 1970s?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:17:23 -0700

On 15 Aug 2005 11:06:12 -0700,[Telecom Digest Editor] wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But the most ancient arrangement I ever
> saw was a phone with the six buttons in a separate box next to it.
> This one was in the clock tower at Holy Family Catholic Church on West
> Roosevelt Road in Chicago, back in 1972 or so. A relatively ancient
> wall phone (with a side ringer, yet) and the feed to it coming from a
> somewhat newer but still ancient side box with six round buttons on it.

I'm surprised you don't remember that all the while when "565" sets
were available for desk use there was no similar model for wall mount.
For wall mount they had a 500 set with a separate "key" box that had
the same keys as you'd find on a 565 desk set usually in the reverse
order that you'd find on the desk set with the hold button on the
extreme right and also with round keys. It was only later that a six
button wall keyset was developed with the big square keys and the
handset which rested on top of the set.

Go to Next message: Charles G Gray: "Classic Six Button KeySets - Additional Lines in Europe"
Go to Previous message: Bob Vaughan: "Re: Classic Six-Button Keysets - Cost During 1970s"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Classic Six-Button Keysets - Cost During 1970s?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page