TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0

Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0

Colin (colin@sutton.wow.aust.com)
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:45:05 +1000

Colin wrote:

> TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

>> This is an appeal to any Windows Internet Explorer person in our
>> readership who can help me:

>> Wednesday night/Thursday morning someone stuck me with a virus and the
>> end result was my Internet Explorer browser is gone.

> Which virus? Usually a description of the virus will tell you which
> files and registry settings it corrupted.

> Regards,

> Colin

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: It was something to do with www.coolweb
> and 180Search as I recall. I also {...]

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.180search.html
tells you what it did. Try the removal tool, or if you have already
deleted files and the tool doesn't work see the registry settings to
delete near the bottom of the page. IE is stuck for the 180ax 'helper
object' you have probably already found and deleted ...

Regards,

Colin

Go to Next message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Appeals Court Ruling Revives Case of Intercepted E-Mail"
Go to Previous message: Steve Sobol: "Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0"