TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Calling All Luddites

Re: Calling All Luddites

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Mon, 08 Aug 2005 02:05:32 GMT

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 02:07:28 +0000, Ed Clarke wrote:

> No matter what you do, you aren't going to get cell service in CHQ
> Armonk. The lobby (if you noticed it) has a copper foil ceiling; the
> walls are metal and the windows are metalized (and grounded). You're
> not going to get a radio signal out of that building (or into it).
> I've tried.

But if all you want is audio, windows make lovely microphones. Just bounce
a laser off all that lovely metalized glass. A Faraday cage does not a
prison make.

Go to Next message: Steve Sobol: "Re: FCC Gives Blessing to Sprint, Nextel Marriage"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: How Do I Find GSM Coverage in the US?"
May be in reply to: Thomas L. Friedman: "Calling All Luddites"