TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Nextel False Advertising

Re: Nextel False Advertising

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:18:56 -0700

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:37:41 -0700, Telecom digest editor wrote:

> but now these guys are stuck with a couple phones that are useless,
> and a contract to boot.

Did you even check this out? To my knowledge if you sign up with a
carrier and move to an area that they do not serve they usually will
let you out of a contract. They may need some proof such as a utility
bill, but more than likely they would be let out of any contractual
obligation. If no one checked that out that's yet another error that
they've made.

> When newer technologies are sort
> of a mystery even to relatively experienced users, how is it that kids
> in their early/mid twenties getting a 'cellular phone' for the first
> time in their lives are expected to know anything?

<sigh> No one needs to play the "victim" in this day and age. You do
some not so hard research on the net and you find an answer! Just
typing "cellular phone basics" into Google brings up over 800,000
hits! Going to google and asking the question "cellular service
independence missouri" brings up several results including a Google
page showing all registered cellular towers around Independence. It
also shows you which services are available.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You are wrong! I am no where close to
Independence, MO; I am in Independence, KS, about 300 miles southwest
and I know what cell towers we have around here. Independence, MO
is a suburb of Kansas City, MO, which is nowhere near me. But I will
explain to Justin how to use Google and look for the information he
will need if he wishes to cancel his contract. He will be returning
back home to Orlando, FL in about a week. PAT]

Go to Next message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Analysts: ATMs Highly Vulnerable to Fraud"
Go to Previous message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Craig Niedorf Remembered - Part 2"
May be in reply to: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Nextel False Advertising"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page