TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Credit Reports, was Re: AT&T Customers Taken Over By Alltel

Re: Credit Reports, was Re: AT&T Customers Taken Over By Alltel

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:10:37 -0700

Charles Cryderman wrote:

> reporting company TRW. In it they talked about how many military
> personnel would have credit issues due to deployment. It also stated
> that all "Credit Reporting Companies" were required to provide, upon
> written request, copies of your credit report (address was provided
> for TRW). I then sat down and requested a copy to see if it
> worked. About 6 weeks later I did receive a copy and saw that only the
> credit I had requested was posted and that I was in good standing. I

Maybe you got special consideration as a soldier. Perhaps enlisted men
and women got a special deal because it wouldn't be easy for them to
deal with credit issues overseas ... But as far as I know, the rest of
us were not entitled to any free reports unless we were denied credit
or employment (as I posted earlier) or if there was a state law
specifying we were not to be charged. There have been some state laws
on the books prior to this past year.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

Go to Next message: Justa Lurker: "Re: Bell System and GTE Telephone Operator?"
Go to Previous message: Harold Hallikainen: "Re: Looking For a Good International Conference Call Service"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page