TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Looking For a Good International Conference Call Service

Looking For a Good International Conference Call Service

John R Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
3 Aug 2005 18:15:43 -0400

Twice a month I'm on a conference call of about fifteen people, maybe
five in the US, and the rest scattered all over the world, Italy,
Argentina, Chile, China, Japan, and usually a couple in Africa.
People call in if there's a local number in their country (US and
Europe mainly), and the conference service is supposed to call out to
the rest of them.

We've been using MCI, but their service is just awful, voice quality
is flaky, they consistently fail to call out when they say they're
doing so, they tell people who call in at the correct time that the
conference is already over. So we're not going to use them any more.

Can anyone suggest an international conferencing service that really
works, with decent voice quality, international access, and the
ability to call out (preferably by an operator) to international
numbers? Price isn't a big issue, nothing that works is going to be
cheap. Online conferencing stuff is no good, since several of the
callers are in places with limited Internet and people are frequently
travelling and are using their cell phones.

TIA,

John Levine johnl@iecc.com Primary Perpetrator of The Internet for Dummies,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://iecc.com/johnl, Mayor

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Bell System and GTE Telephone Operator?"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Typical Business Telephone Sets Today?"
May be reply: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: Looking For a Good International Conference Call Service"
May be reply: John Levine: "Re: Looking For a Good International Conference Call Service"
May be reply: Harold Hallikainen: "Re: Looking For a Good International Conference Call Service"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page