TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Bell System and GTE Telephone Operator?

Re: Bell System and GTE Telephone Operator?

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:29:54 GMT

I met the chief operator at the Pentagon, Miss Bailey. She was one of
the original tenants at the Pentagon, and worked there until her death
in 2001. When I knew her, around 1990, she was a beloved character who
traveled the halls in a golf cart that was given to her as a perk. Her
cart was an exception to the rule prohibiting motorized vehicles in
certain hallways, and the story is that more than one new guard got
dressed down for accosting her. She was also an avid golfer, and was
actually given two, but the other was for golfing. She knew every
secretary of defense, having started before the office was created.

http://www.dcmilitary.com/army/standard/6_04/local_news/5162-1.html

Go to Next message: David Quinton: "Re: Use of a Mysterious Cookie Irks Some Internet Users"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Bell System and GTE Telephone Operator?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Bell System and GTE Telephone Operator?"