TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You

Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:42:05 GMT

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 19:13:43 -0500, Jim Rusling wrote:

> I recently ran into a
> completely open wireless network at a business with sensitive records.
> The owner thought that it was secured.

I stumbled on something similar a few months ago when setting up a new
WiFi network. We were getting a strong signal from an open network run
by a company that does background checks. When I told them, they fixed
it, toute de suite.

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: A Pass on Privacy?"
Go to Previous message: Phil Earnhardt: "Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You"