TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cellcos, was Re: DO NOT! DO NOT Use Cingular Go Phone

Re: Cellcos, was Re: DO NOT! DO NOT Use Cingular Go Phone

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:23:31 -0700

Danny Burstein wrote:

> Cough, cough. T-mobile is a horse of a different color. It started off
> as a bunch of more-or-less self standing cellcos in the US who were
> eventually bought up/merged into Voicestream (Western Wireless), which
> had a hefty amount of Asian capital behind it.

That is correct. There are, IIRC, also a couple smaller carriers that
aren't owned by LECs of any flavor. My statement is true for most US
carriers, though.

JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

Go to Next message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Cable TV vs. UHF (was RE: DSL Speed)"
Go to Previous message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Bell Usage of IBM Computers For Switching"
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "Cellcos, was Re: DO NOT! DO NOT Use Cingular Go Phone"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page