TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You

Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 19:36:04 UTC

In <telecom24.310.11@telecom-digest.org> hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com writes:

[ snip of mildly paranoid rants ]

> If I have no transactions at all during the month, then there's
> no statement mailed out and altogether less chance for a theft.

That's just stupid. If the bank doesn't mail out statements in the
months there's no activity, then you're getting into the habit of not
thinking anything's wrong if you don't get one.

So ... you'd be much less likely to notice the month when one was
mailed to you and you didn't get it.

Much better, although at first glance a bit silly and wasteful of
$0.40 or so ..., is for a statement to be mailed out each and every
month, whether or not there's activity.

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You"
Go to Previous message: Dan Lanciani: "Re: Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Don't Let Data Theft Happen to You"