TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Congressman Lends a Helping Hand to SBC

Re: Congressman Lends a Helping Hand to SBC

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:20:16 -0700

Lisa Minter wrote:

> In late May, Sessions introduced legislation that would ban municipal
> broadband networks in areas where companies such as SBC offer similar
> services. SBC supports the bill, but spokesman Kevin Belgrade said the
> issue goes beyond any one company.

Sessions is obviously bought and paid for.

I thought the point of all of the anti-trust legislation last century
was to *avoid* creating monopolies.

> Juanita Sessions, meanwhile, held SBC stock options valued between
> $500,001 and $1 million through the end of 2003,

Someone should bring this to the attention of the SEC ...

JustThe.net - Steve Sobol / sjsobol@JustThe.net / PGP: 0xE3AE35ED

"Life's like an hourglass glued to the table" --Anna Nalick, "Breathe"

Go to Next message: Michael D. Sullivan: "Re: Cellular Jamming? Think Again."
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Using Comcast to Host Web Site"
May be in reply to: Lisa Minter: "Congressman Lends a Helping Hand to SBC"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page