TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is it Possible to Buy a Cell Phone With no Plan?

Re: Is it Possible to Buy a Cell Phone With no Plan?

Joseph (JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com)
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:53:55 -0700

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:55:23 -0400, Paul <paule-nospam@mindspring.com>
wrote:

>> I'm trying to buy a cell phone WITHOUT A PLAN. I am sending it to a
>> relative in another country where they will activate it.

> I saw this $49 GSM phone recently advertised in a magazine:
> http://www.mobalrental.com/gsm/

Yes, that is a pretty good price. *However* as it applies to this
thread it won't work seeing as the Nokia 1100 which is the $49 phone
will only work on 900 and 1800 Mhz which are European and Asian GSM
frequencies. For $99 they offer a GSM phone that will work in North
America as well as in Europe and Asia. (But only of course on GSM
operators.)

Go to Next message: Lisa Minter: "ID Theft: 40 Million Served"
Go to Previous message: mc: "Re: Worst Phishing Fraud Attack Ever! 40 Million Cards Affected"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page