TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Companies Want _US_ to Pay For Their Mistakes

Re: Companies Want _US_ to Pay For Their Mistakes

mc (mc_no_spam@uga.edu)
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:40:35 -0400

Agreed. The "blame the victim" mentality is running rampant, and the
credit card issuers are behind it.

The very term "identity theft" is designed to blame the victim. When
someone "steals my identity" it sounds as if they have pried loose
something I was supposed to be guarding. But the reality is that they
haven't stolen anything of *mine* at all. They are impersonating me
in order to steal from the bank.

We don't refer to rape as "chastity theft."

Go to Next message: Mark Crispin: "Re: '80' Country Code"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Monitor/Recorder for Residential Power Line Outages?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Companies Want _US_ to Pay For Their Mistakes"