TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: '80' Country Code

Re: '80' Country Code

Gerard Bok (bok118@zonnet.nl)
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:34:06 GMT

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 07:10:16 GMT, Geoff <nospam@nospam.com>
wrote:

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Or maybe it was _area code_ 803,
>> which I think is somewhere in the Carolinas? PAT]

> I do not think so because for calls within the US, the number is displayed
> as (803) xxx-xxxx. This number was displayed as +803xxxxxxxxx.

My 2 cents:

Commonly the + prefix is used to indicate an international number.
But it could also be used to indicate a number that has more digits
than the display allows to show.

Maybe the caller was calling from the 803 area while passing more
digits than just your number ?

Easy to test, I guess. Dial your own number, add 1234 and see how
the display handles it :-)

Kind regards,

Gerard Bok

Go to Next message: Barry Margolin: "Re: Ping Between PC Through PABX"
Go to Previous message: Colum Mylod: "Re: '80' Country Code"
May be in reply to: Geoff: "'80' Country Code"